Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Philadelphia Folk Festival (50 years) August 2, 2011

DAY 2 of the blog --

Here is an aerial view of the Campground at Philadelphia Folk Festival, which occurs every August in Schwenksville, PA. Some call it the refugee camp that people want to be in!  I thought I would stick a visual in so you can picture 100 acres (give or take) tranformed into a musical mecca -sometimes muddy but always magical. This is where all kinds of campers are: tents, pop-ups, RV's and of course, the "Green Bus".

This does not include the parking lots, stages, concert areas and vendor areas.


Each path or roadway is named and they are exactly in the same spot ever year.  You may not believe that, but you will have to trust me.  I have seem people use geometry and all kinds of math to ensure that the alleys are in the same location.

Abe Pool Highway
Aurora Alley
Az-Bat Alley
Azzole Alley
Ballad Boulevard (a favorite)
Bob Boulevard
Broadway
Camping Path
Cliff Drive
Diagonal Alley
Gully Road
Logline
MAIN STREET
Oasis Alley
Park Place
River Road
Winnebago Way (one of my favs)
Zen Bob Way

By the way, for light sleepers - there is a "quiet camping area".  I never know where the best music is -the stage or the campground - so decide for yourself, my little chickadees.

COUNTDOWN: 16 more days til campers arrive & 17 more days for day trippers.

Keep your radio tuned to the blogger station - more to come tomorrow.  The Polish Princess.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I was wondering if this aerial picture is from 2011 or from an earlier festival. Also, do you happen to have a higher resolution picture. Please let me know.

    andrew.breslin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete